Auto insurance is a form of protection as you drive around in your car. It protects you and other drivers on the road by paying for the treatment of bodily injury (generally human beings’) and the restoration of damaged property (generally cars’). The cost of a car is not limited to its purchase value and the operating costs of gas and new tyres. Some form of auto insurance is required by every state in the US.
Car insurance works like this: You pay an auto insurance company a fixed monthly fee. This is called a ‘premium’. The premium you need to pay depends on a host of factors, the most important being the type of insurance you want to purchase.
Types of Auto Insurance
There are five main types of auto insurance which cover different situations and offer varying levels of protection:
- Liability insurance – Covers the cost of bodily injury or property damage to others in an accident caused by you.
- Medical insurance – Helps pay for medical bills after you or your passengers are injured in an accident.
- Collision insurance – Helps pay for repairs to your car after it has been damaged in a road accident. Banks often require you to buy collision coverage before they give out car loans.
- Comprehensive insurance – Covers the cost of damages to your car which are not the result of an accident, such as damages due to theft, vandalism, falling objects, etc.
- Personal Injury protection – Also known as No Fault insurance, it is required by law in some states, and is only offered by insurance companies within those states. This type of insurance will help you pay for your own medical costs after a car accident, regardless of who was at fault for the accident.
your car insurance plan keeping in mind your state requirements, the level of protection and specific needs you want covered, and your budget. If you have a new or expensive automobile, then purchasing the maximum amount of insurance you can afford is necessary to avoid or take care of problems that might come up in the future. If you are in the process of buying a new car, consider the cost of insurance and plan your purchase accordingly.
Auto Insurance Coverage
No matter where you live, if you drive an automobile, you need auto insurance coverage.
There are many factors that affect the cost of your auto insurance, some of them are:
- The type of automobile
- Your state requirements
- Driving history
Insurance requirements vary from state to state- finding out state requirements is the first step in purchasing quality coverage. Your insurance rate is also adjustable through coverage limits and deductible amounts. Multi-policy insurance plans, for example, bundling your home insurance along with your car insurance, can also lower costs. With the variety of insurance plans in the market, comparing benefits and selecting the right plan for yourself can be a daunting task. Call our agents, they’ll help you sort through terms and prices to pick the package that offers you:
- Easy and instant car insurance
- Suited to your specific needs
- Compliant with local standards
- At the best price
All your questions will be answered promptly, and your insurance claims will be filed easily. Call our agents at 888-673-8313!
Disclaimer: callautoinsurancenow.com is not an insurance company. We have a large network of licensed insurance agents across the US. Once you have submitted your information to our system, callautoinsurancenow.com may instantly match you with local agents in your area. Those agents will run free insurance quotes for you and provide those quotes via the information you have provided. This process may save you time and money because you can compare rates from multiple companies without having to contact numerous agents and provide your information several times.